Craving onion rings but dont want to deal with frying them? ! This week we are breaking out our air fryer for some light and crunchy onion rings! This week's veggie focus in partnership with @davisnaturalproduce is fresh eating onions!
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
2 medium white or sweet onions sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
½ cups panko breadcrumbs GF if needed
½ cup grated Parmesan
2 large eggs beaten
1/4 cup flour (can use GF flour if you like)
avocado oil spray
1. Prepare your station; separate the onion slices into rings; In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs together with the parmesan, panko and spices; Beat the eggs in a bowl and place the flour on a separate shallow dish.
2. Start by lightly coating the onions in flour. Dip into the eggs, allowing the excess to drip off. Transfer to the breadcrumb mixture and gently press to coat on both sides.
3. Place the coated onion rings on a sheet pan and spray lightly with avocado oil spray.
4. Preheat the air fryer at 375F.
5. Work in batches and air fry the onion rings for 7-8 minutes (making sure they do not overlap), or until golden and crispy on the outside.
If you don't have a CSA share, you can grab amazing, fresh, locally grown veggies from Davis Natural Produce 7 days a week at International Mountain Equipment in North Conway, and on Saturday at Tuckerman Brewery from 3pm to 7pm. All of their produce is grown in the Albany Town Forest behind Kennett Middle School.