We’ve all heard that saying…”you are what you eat, so don’t be cheap or easy.” Eating quality foods, in the correct amounts on a regular basis will definitely move you along the path to better health and fitness. But sometimes life gets in the way. You forgot you have to drive the kids to practice, you scheduled a doctors appointment during your lunch break, or…you have a job where you have to be in your car, and you didnt plan out your food for the day. With a little planning and thought ahead of time, eating on the go can still be healthy and easy! Here are my top picks for those times when hitting a drive-thru might be your only option.
- Premium Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken and low-fat balsamic vinaigrette plus Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait; 375 calories, 9.5g fat (4g saturated)
- Fresco Steak Burrito Supreme plus black beans; 430 calories, 10.5g fat (3g saturated)
- Fresco Chicken Soft Taco plus Pintos 'n' Cheese; 330 calories, 10.5g fat (4g saturated)
- Egg White Veggie Wake-Up Wrap plus hash browns; 350 calories, 18g fat (4.5g saturated)
- Tuna Salad Sandwich on an English muffin; 390 calories, 23g fat (3.5g saturated)
- 6" Subway Club on 9-Grain Wheat Bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers, and Sweet Onion Sauce plus apple slices; 445 calories, 4.5g fat (1.5g saturated)
- Oven Roasted Chicken Salad with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, olives, and cucumbers with honey-mustard dressing plus Yogurt Parfait; 400 calories, 6g fat (1.5g saturated)
- Chicken & Hummus Bistro Box (hummus, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and pita bread) plus a banana; 380 calories, 7g fat (1.2g saturated)
- Zesty Chicken & Black Bean Salad Bowl (grilled chicken, black beans, roasted corn, jicama, tomatoes, feta, greens, and quinoa with chile vinaigrette) plus Seasonal Harvest Fruit Blend; 450 calories, 15g fat (2.5g saturated)
- Also be sure to scope out The Macro Barrista on IG for drinks that are low calorie and tasty!
- 3 Barbacoa (braised beef) Tacos on soft corn tortillas with lettuce and tomato salsa; 405 calories, 10g fat (2.5g saturated)
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl with brown rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, lettuce, and roasted chili-corn salsa; 385 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated)
These choices can all fit into a healthy lifestyle if you hit the drive thru once in a great while. On your normal days, try to eat whole food sources of protein, carbs and fats as often as possible.