Welcome to the #800g Challenge! We are partnering with Optimize Me Nutrition for a 6 week nutrition challenge to start 2019 off right. Read below for the details and mark your calendar for the in-house chalk-talk on Wednesday, January 2 at 6:30pm.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Eat 800 grams (g) of fruits and vegetables a day. No foods are off limits, but you only count your fruits and vegetables toward challenge points. Raw, cooked, canned, frozen; doesn’t matter! If you can weigh it as a standalone and unprocessed fruit or vegetable, you can count it. What counts and does not count? The nitty-gritty rule specifics can be found here.You can eat the fruits and vegetables you like while adhering to your own nutritional targets (such as higher carb, lower carb, all fruit, perfect Paleo, Keto or vegetarian). It’s up to you!So why 800g? It’s associated with increased health and is a simplified way to hit those recommended servings of fruits and vegetables. Read more here.
January 7 through February 15 (just in time for the Open!)
Learn about the challenge. Get your questions answered. Wednesday, January 2 at 6:30pm.
- 2 points are awarded for eating 800 grams of fruits and/or vegetables in a day. You do not get extra points for any amount over 800g.
- 1 additional point is awarded for “diversity”: when 6 or more fruits and/or vegetables are used to hit your daily 800g total (where each of these 6+ items has to have a minimum of 25g). Hitting 800g is a day is a prerequisite to being eligible for this point.
- 1 point is also awarded for working out at Swift River CrossFit (max 5 points per week). A run on your own or workout in your home gym does not count.
- 5 points for completing the benchmark workout at the beginning and end of the challenge.
We will award $150 of Swift River credit to the person with the highest point total at the end of the 6 weeks. Use it toward your membership, t-shirts, specialty programs, PT skill tune-ups, Driven Nutriton, whatever we sell!
- $60 per person (that's only $10 a week!)
The challenge will run through Sugar WOD daily! One stop shopping to log your daily WODs and if you hit your 800g target.
- You must sign up by midnight on January 2 to receive the $60 price. Late sign-ups will be accepted until midnight on January 7th, however the cost will be $75.