Davis Natural Produce is back for the summer CSA!!!! We will be posting recipes each week with their featured veggie!
Did you know it can take up to 12 tries to decide if you actually dislike a food? Maybe you just haven't met the way you like it prepared yet! This week we are mixing kale and Swiss chard with some simple white beans for a healthy 1/2 plate of green veggies!
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (adjust to taste)
1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed and leaves chopped
1 can (15 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and chili flakes. Sauté for about a minute until the garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Add the chopped kale and Swiss chard to the skillet. Sauté the greens, stirring frequently, until they begin to wilt, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the drained and rinsed white beans. Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until the beans are heated through.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. If you'd like, you can also add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for some acidity.
- Serve warm as a side dish with grilled meats or fish, or enjoy it on its own as a light main course.
This hearty and nutritious side dish is full of flavor and beneficial nutrients. The combination of kale and Swiss chard provides a double dose of leafy green goodness, and the white beans add a satisfying protein boost. Enjoy!
If you don't have a CSA share, you can grab amazing, fresh, locally grown veggies from Davis Natural Produce 7 days a week at International Mountain Equipment in North Conway, and on Saturday at Tuckerman Brewery from 3pm to 7pm. All of their produce is grown in the Albany Town Forest behind Kennett Middle School.