Summer is the season of bright flavors, abundant produce, and delicious outdoor cooking. There's nothing quite like the smell of grilling veggies on a warm summer evening. Today, we're excited to share a delicious recipe that combines the efficiency of an Instant Pot and easiness of the grill - our Veggie Pasta Primavera!
This dish highlights the star of our week - eggplant. We're sourcing our veggies locally from Davis Natural Produce, making the dish even more special.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups of your preferred pasta
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 zucchini & 1 summer squash, both cut into half-moon shapes
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
Let's get started!
1. Cook the pasta: Add pasta to your Instant Pot along with enough water to cover it and a pinch of salt. Set it on high pressure for half the cooking time listed on the pasta package. Once it's done, do a quick release and drain the pasta.
2. Prep the veggies: While your pasta is cooking, prepare your veggies. Combine the eggplant, pepper, zucchini, squash, and tomatoes on a large foil sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Fold the foil into a packet.
3. Grill time: Place your foil packet on a preheated grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the veggies are tender. Be careful when opening - hot steam alert!
4. Combine: Transfer your grilled veggies and any juices from the packet to the drained pasta. Toss well to combine.
5. Finish up: Sprinkle the pasta and veggies with the shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Finish with a drizzle of lemon juice. Stir well to ensure every bite is packed with flavor.
Voila! Your Grilled Veggie Pasta Primavera is ready to be enjoyed. This dish is the epitome of a summer meal - savory, flavorful pasta perfectly complemented by summer veggies.
And remember, the freshness of the vegetables is key to this dish. If you don't have a CSA share, you can grab amazing, fresh, locally grown veggies from Davis Natural Produce 7 days a week at International Mountain Equipment in North Conway, and on Saturdays at Tuckerman Brewery from 3pm to 7pm. All of their produce is proudly grown in the Albany Town Forest behind Kennett Middle School.
Give this recipe a try and let us know how you liked it. We're sure you'll fall in love with this delightful summer dish. Here's to a season full of healthy and delicious meals. Happy cooking!